Tuesday 23 August 2005

Stunning...!

Isn't this just absolutely stunning? Who would have thought that you could create such a thing of beauty purely through the craft of knitting!


Nice...!

For instructions then visit Cult 45 and you too can have your very own fry-up on your head...if you want to that is!

This must have appeared in a Jackie annual before my time or I would surely have been traumatised by the sight of this effort and never touched another knitting needle in my life - and what a sorry state of affairs that would have been. The wonders of Dundee and D.C.Thomson. Where would we have been without you to shape our impressionable, teenage minds? Now the photo story to describe love's true path is devoid of all its innocence and instead is a vehicle for glamour models on the problem pages of the Sun. Nostalgia - it ain't what it used to be...

2 comments:

Anna said...

There was a Knitalong for the bag a little while back, not sure what happened to it or if anyone finished, I've not seen it mentioned on any of the blogs I read for a bit but I'm sure a Google search will turn up something if you want to see!

Anna

Anonymous said...

Jackie Annual - now that takes me back!
There are just some things that shouldn't be knitted, mind you my DH might appreciate this pattern (only if he could eat it afterwards).
Secret Pal x