Monday 23 January 2012

So I started sewing!

Simplicity 1998
I finally got round to getting a decent sewing machine at the end of October 2011 as we had John Lewis vouchers we had received for our wedding back in 2010 and  we had never got round to using them as being old buggers when we got hitched then we had most of the housey stuff you would get from JL.  So, as long as I promised to get round to making stuff for my DB then a sewing machine was a'right.  The rest of the vouchers went on a fridge freezer because we really know how to rock and roll!

Lisette 2059
 Ebay has been plundered for fabric and patterns.  A theme is emerging of loud and in your face fabric just ripe for the 50's to 70's patterns that seem to be attracting me!

Lisette 2245
There are mistakes (obviously) but everything is wearable in public!
Lisette 2211

The current pattern stash!
I'm happy with it all :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just left a comment on another post, not sure if I did it right. I came here from your comment on KD's blog Needled. I would love to be able to chat with someone from you part of the world. I"m from the mountains of Napa Valley, in N.California. ANyway, I'm about to plunge into a sewing binge, after a good 10 year haitus , and I'm so enjoying your sewing enthusiasm. Delightful (and, I love the wedding photo !!)

Anonymous said...

I love your blog, especially the option to 'give you cake'. I have decided now, after reading this post of yours, that I must no longer put off my yearning to sew (again, for I use to quite a many a year ago, like a lot!). I have so many things I want to sew. Good for you for getting going on it ! Here's a nice lovely piece of cake now. ;)

Maureen said...

Hi Jen

Sorry I never responded before now but I've only just picked up the blog again after a bit of a hiatus! Thank you for your lovely comments. They are most appreciated. And here's hoping you fill the creative yearnings with some sewerly goodness :-)
Maureen